Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Responsible for managing GMs for multiple warehouses in a designated region or geography. Partner with the Business Development organization in order to maximize customer satisfaction while driving profitability and occupancy. Evaluate and achieve customer profitability and support the development and discussions on rate negotiations.
• Drive the implementation of the Americold Operating System
• Execution of lean-based continuous improvement efforts and 5-habits labor optimization
• Help team oversee SQF based product quality and loss prevention
• Ensure energy and refrigeration excellence for sites
• Work closely with Regional Support team to drive Corporate Objectives in HR, Safety, FP&A, Procurement, Continuous Improvement, and all functional support team.
• Leading and developing their people and following the corporate initiatives that are set forth
• Passion for results and attention to detail
• Driving un-paralleled world class service and operational metrics
• Challenging status quo and ways to innovate which drives enhanced operational efficiencies
• Establish clear strategies to accomplish expense goals
• Establish and achieve specific expense goals and metrics with/for teams
• Leverage technology and other resources to reduce or eliminate costs
• Provide support and remove roadblocks to expense goal attainment
• Create and sustain a focus on profitable sales within the business
• Help team determine and understand operations role in supporting customers
• Recognize the issues and actions that affect profitability most
• Maintain visibility within the customer base and assist in serving as company’s Operational Leader in customer dealings
• Establish clear operational tools that will insure transparency of performance through Scorecards, KPI’s, Metrics, Order Profile, and other relevant customer performance management.
• Respond effectively to customer needs, interests and concerns
• Proactively develop relationships with key customers
• Maintain the proper balance between providing the best possible customer service and the cost of delivering that service
• Understand the needs, interests and objectives unique to different stakeholder groups, and create solutions appropriate for those stakeholders
• Anticipate future needs, outcomes and constraints (e.g., the impact of current and future contracts) for different stakeholder groups
• Maintain strategic relationships with labor leaders on key issues (e.g., during contract negotiations)
• Ensure consistency and equity in work conditions and employment concerns
• Create or identify solutions for stakeholders with very different objectives
• Maintain union-free status by using proactive approaches as appropriate
• Maintain visibility with associates in the region
• Advocate for employees or employee concerns or issues
• Continuously promote and support diversity (e.g., in hiring, placement, task teams, special assignments or other decisions and plans)
• Solicit employee involvement in and support for important decisions and initiatives
• Share important information in a timely manner
• Recognize employee contributions and successes
• Communicate expectations and support for ongoing, individual development
• Pursues, and encourages others to pursue, opportunities to develop new knowledge and skills
• Solicits feedback and suggestions from others to improve own performance
• Train and develop robust facility management and operations teams
• Appraise and management team, develop training plans to maximize talents and skill areas, develop weaknesses
• Provide and maintain a safe work environment and support a “Safety Awareness” culture. Ensure compliance with all safety and loss prevention policies; all in partnership with Risk Management
• Ensure facilities are operated in accordance with company guidelines and policies
• Visit facilities to ensure company policies and standard operating procedures are being observed and properly executed. These facility visits must be in depth and include a review of labor hours, operating costs, customer issues, and employee matters.
• Perform internal audits, document findings. Recognize jobs well done, and act on areas of deficiency
• Review Key Performance Indicators and utilize other measurement tools on a daily/weekly basis to ensure that operational, financial, employee and service controls are in place
• Be familiar with and comply with applicable employment laws, as well as all other municipal, state and federal regulations
Qualifications & Experience:
• College degree in business, logistics, management or equivalent preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
• Seven to ten years in warehousing and/or logistics management experience
• Five years general supervisory/management experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to manage supervisors and employees
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
• Ability to pay close attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in communicating with staff
• Willingness to develop a mentoring relationship in order to contribute experience, skills, and wisdom to subordinate employees for their development
• Receptive to management development suggestions and willing to seek additional knowledge to facilitate job growth
• Must have strong relationship skills, be able to provide and model leadership behaviors including the ability to defuse conflict. Relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with others without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism.
• Possess Knowledge of Regulatory Agency Food Safety Guidelines and ability to communicate to facility team to ensure compliance with all Food Safety Guidelines
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to interpret HR regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals
• Ability to solve complex problems
• Must have very strong customer service orientation with high sense of urgency in meeting objectives and deadlines
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.