Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 165+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Operates and maintains the inventory of the warehouse. Supervises all inventory related activities.
1. Advise associates on care and preservation, handling, storing, maintenance and shipping of product.
2. Train associates in equipment operations, safety and general operations.
3. Promote a safe work environment through personal actions. Identify and report on any safety concerns.
4. Assign and direct work and monitor performance of inventory employees. Schedule tasks to maximize efficiency.
5. Utilize the Warehouse Management System to monitor inventory accuracy, inventory discrepancies, and errors. Direct tasks of inventory associates based on the system generated reporting and inventory needs.
6. Identify and report on operational errors impacting inventory accuracy. Issue corrective actions as needed.
7. Review and monitor inventory errors, including lost inventory, damaged inventory, etc. Ensure SOPs for handling discrepant inventory are followed.
8. Conduct regular inventory counts, including quarterly cycle counts, full physical inventories, and customer required counts. Record count results and any discrepancies. Communicate count results to Management and/or the Customer as needed.
9. Analyze data and make recommendations on inventory layout and management practices to maximize inventory and maintain inventory at optimal accuracies.
10. Review records and comply with established procedures for storing product.
11. Communicate with Management on a regular basis of warehouse inventory accuracy and discrepancies
12. Communicate with the Customer on an as needed or defined bases of customer inventory accuracy, status, and discrepancies.
13. Research and resolve inventory discrepancies including, but not limited to: researching customer claims, cycle count for missing product, adjust inventory quantities, handle damaged inventory, disposing of inventory.
14. Recommend the approval or denial of customer claims.
15. Maintain and update inventory and inventory discrepancies within the Warehouse Management System. Maintain and update product masterfiles and/or product information.
16. Identify problem areas and make recommendations for corrective action.
17. Other inventory related duties as requested.
• College Degree plus 3 to 5 years warehousing experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in Quality Assurance Management or Inventory Control
• Three years supervisory/management skills
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills
• PC skills, including Microsoft Office, AS400, WMS and RF
• Forklift license, CPR and First Aid training a plus
While performing the essential functions of this job, the associate is frequently required to sit; hear or talk: use close vision; use hands to grasp, handle or feel objects; and type and manipulate controls. Associate is occasionally required to use distance vision, stand, kneel or crouch and lift up to 15 lbs.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW