Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 165+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Directs general office activities and workflow for multiple sites. Responsibilities may include: payroll, traffic, customer service, and accounting/budgeting functions. May have responsibility for Human Resources functions such as recruitment, training, discipline, labor management provisions, and development of operational policies, programs, and procedures. Typically has direct reports.
• Coordinate activities with other supervisory/lead personnel and with other work units or departments.
• Develop or update procedures, policies, and standards.
• Implement corporate and departmental policies, procedures, and service standards in conjunction with management.
• Interpret and communicate work procedures and company policies to staff.
• Work with General Manager to develop annual departmental budget.
• Develop work schedules according to budgets and workloads.
• Provide employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
• Research, compile, and prepare reports, manuals, correspondence, and other information required by management or governmental agencies.
• Resolve customer complaints and answer customers' questions.
• Review records and reports pertaining to activities such as production, payroll, and shipping to verify details, monitor work activities, and evaluate performance.
• Keep informed of provisions of labor-management agreements and their effects on departmental operations.
• Discuss job performance problems with employees to identify causes and issues and to work on resolving problems.
• Evaluate employees' job performance and conformance to regulations and recommend appropriate personnel action.
• Train and instruct employees in job duties and company policies or arrange for training to be provided.
• Participate in the recruitment, interview, and hiring process.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Ability to manage supervisors and employees.
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
• Ability to reason, negotiate, instruct, persuade, or speak with others
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in communicating with staff.
• Willingness to develop a mentoring relationship in order to contribute experience, skills, and wisdom to subordinate employees for their development.
• Receptive to management development suggestions and willing to seek additional knowledge to facilitate job growth.
• Must have strong relationship skills, be able to provide and model leadership behaviors including the ability to defuse conflict. Relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with others without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to interpret HR regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
• Ability to solve complex problems.
• Ability to manage multiple sites.
• Must have very strong customer service orientation with high sense of urgency in meeting objectives and deadlines.
Tools and Technology Required:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
• Proficient in WMS
• Experience in HRIS and ATS systems preferred
• Five to eight years office experience in warehousing and/or logistics
• 4+ years general supervisory/management experience
• HS Diploma
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions for this position and meet the physical requirements needed to perform them. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, bending, or carrying light loads
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• Occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 50 pounds
• Working environment is usually in an office setting, with occasional need to leave the premises
• Occasionally works overtime, evenings, or weekends in order to complete work or to attend meetings
• May require travel at times
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW